The Bound Brook School District has taken a proactive approach to prioritize the well-being of all students and staff.
The Guidance Department at the Bound Brook School District is the focal point of the school community, serving students, parents, teachers and administration. Students may access services in the guidance office by making appointments with the counselors assigned to them. Counselors are available to assist and advise students about personal problems, academic problems, career choices, course selections, college choices and scholarship applications. The guidance department also assists in student orientation information services and standardized testing. The guidance office is open during regular school hours and throughout the summer.
Community Counseling Resources
- Suicidal Ideation – 609-396-HELP
- Teen Hotline – 1-888-222-2228
- Substance Abuse – 1-800-662-4357
- Eating Disorders – 1-800-931-2237
- HiTops Teen Health and Education Center – 609-683-5155
- Homeless Youth – 609-396-8329
- Quit Smoking American Cancer Society – 1-800-ACS-2345
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Teens – Trevor Helpline 1-800-850-8078
- 2nd Floor Teen Hotline 1-888-222-2228
- NJ Suicide Prevention Hotline – 855-654-6735
- Catholic Charities: ccdom.org
- Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center: Richard Hall Community Health & Wellness Center | Somerset County
- Family Crisis Intervention Unit: tricountyresourcenet.org
- Middle Earth: middleearthnj.org
- Somerset Home (Brahma House): www.visionsandpathways.org
- Family and Children’s Services of Central New Jersey: www.fgccorp.org
- Somerset Treatment Services: somersettreatmentservices.org
- Family and Community Services of Somerset County: fcssomerset.org
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
NIDA’s mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
Information, statistics, interviews, and recommendations about drinking from leading health authorities.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Publications, research information and resources
The Partnership for a Drug Free New Jersey
A state anti-drug alliance to strengthen and deepen drug-prevention media efforts.
National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse
Center connects science with policy and practice to better the lives of all people impacted by substance use and addiction.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
The agency within the US Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavior health of the nation.
Self-supporting, non-professional fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem.
Support group for families and friends of addicts
Helps families access publicly funded services for youth with behavioral, emotional, intellectual, developmental, and/or substance use challenges.
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America work to make communities safe, healthy, and drug-free.
Mental Health/Suicide Awareness Supports
National Alliance on Mental Illness
The nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Site with information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
Half of Us
Goal is to initiate a public dialogue to raise awareness about the prevalence of mental health issues and connect students to the appropriate resources to get help.
To Write Love on Her Arms
Non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide.
The Trevor Project
National organization providing crisis, intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, transgender, and questioning young people ages 13-24.